Strategic marketing and communications leader with 20 years of experience in brand management, product development, project management, packaging, promotions and content development. Proven successes in profitable consumer product launches and audience-building marketing initiatives. Excellent communicator using print, TV, websites, social media, presentations and video production.
Selected Accomplishments Include:
- Product Launches – video games for PC and console, USB toy/PC software game, music equipment. bags & cases, high-end audio production PCs and electric pianos. Licensed and all-new brands.
- Customer Service – Implemented Zendesk customer service system for e-commerce website.
- Produced Short Films/Video – Wrote and produced six short films and four multi-episode web series.
- Cross-Promotions – Developed national cross-promotions with industry-leading companies.
- Events – Produced numerous benefit concerts; managed major trade show presence for brands.
ROUGHSKETCH MARKETING, LLC Los Angeles, CA
Independent services company specializing in content creation, film production and marketing
Owner/Manager 2005 – Present
Founded production company, wrote six short films, managed projects from production to film premiere and online distribution; developed packaging, websites and social media presence to support launches. Produced four web-series from conception through production and online distribution. Managed budgets and built brand identities for all film and web-series products.
- Short films have at screened at major U.S. film festivals and won awards; secured online distribution through IndieFlix.com
- Optioned two screenplays and won more than 30 awards in writing competitions
- Created music brand and Internet TV station SHOCKBOX TV. Developed two branded web series: “KickA$$ Band of the Week” and “On Tha Beat”.
- Created indie-music magazine Rock Yer Face!
- Produced two additional web series: comedy “The Nanny Interviews” and thriller “The Apocalypse Diaries”.
- Developed websites, Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign and social media presence, achieving 6K+ Facebook “Likes” and 12K+ Twitter Followers
GUITAR CENTER Westlake Village, CA
The nation’s largest musical instrument retailer with 300+ locations.
Brand Manager, Proprietary Product Division 2003 – 2005
Drove manufacturing and marketing for in-house brand division; managed nationwide launches of new product/brands from R&D conception to retail sales. Oversaw all brand communication, trade show presence, in-store promotions, product website development and P&Ls
- Launched new proprietary brands Road Runner (equipment bags and cases), Spectral (high-end audio creation PCs) and Williams (digital pianos), contributing $45 million in combined revenues annually
- Increased margins 20% over domestically-produced products by sourcing internationally
- Spearheaded implementation of project management and online forms software, increasing efficiency and reducing turnaround time
VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES Los Angeles, CA
Leading publisher of video games for PC, console, mobile and the Internet.
Brand Manager, Family Games 2001 – 2003
Oversaw licensed brands Jurassic Park, Hallmark, Butt-Ugly Martians, Cat in the Hat, and Hoyle Games; developed packaging and websites for PC, PlayStation 2, Gamecube and Game Boy Advance products; planned and executed national print and online ad campaigns; managed tradeshow presence, focus groups, R&D and quality control teams.
- Contributed more than $30 million in combined revenues annually
- Achieved 25% greater sell-in to retail channels by conceiving and executing national cross-promotions with Nickelodeon, Procter & Gamble and Universal Studios
- Increased revenues of PlayZone PC games brand 60% by using focus group research to create new grade-targeted and gender-targeted products within PlayZone brand
ACTIVISION Santa Monica, CA
Top publisher of video games for PC, console, mobile and the Internet.
Associate Global Brand Manager, PC Games 1999 – 2001
Managed brands and licensing relationships with Teen Magazine, Remington Firearms, Crosman Paintball and Cabela’s Outdoor Products; managed packaging, product development, quality control, consumer research, advertising, trade marketing and promotions.
- Contributed $18+ million annually in PC game revenue
- Became “presentation specialist” for division, creating innovative sales presentations and sizzle video reels which excited sales force and increased retail sell-in
THE GABLE GROUP Santa Monica, CA
National marketing communications and public relations firm.
Los Angeles Division Manager/Account Executive 1996 – 1999
Managed day-to-day operations of the Los Angeles division of national marketing communications firm headquartered in San Diego; managed local staff of six.
- Built L.A. division by staffing office and acquiring new accounts
- Exceeded growth objectives 10% by landing new business including Sony Wonder, Malibu Comics and non-profit United Cerebral Palsy
- Heightened awareness of agency and generated new business by developing corporate and media relationships; wrote press releases, newsletters, case studies and published articles
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE Irvine, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1987
- MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Acrobat, InDesign)
- Social Media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Linked-In)
- Content Management Systems: WordPress and Drupal
- Google Analytics 360
- Photography and DSLR Film Production (Canon 60D and Canon HFS100)
- 3-Point Lighting
- Final Draft & Tagger
- Power Production StoryBoard Artist
- Gorilla Film Budgeting and Scheduling
- Speak Conversational German